Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth

As the night sky lit up

as silence was broken with shattering explosions

My heart sank into euphoria. . .

I watched her smile.

I looked into her eyes,

they too lit up, but they were ignited with colors that have not yet touched the sky.

She held my hand, and reminded me to look at the artwork painted across the moon;

but I could not keep my eyes off her.

I heard that the black sky had images of treasures unknown...

but I... could not keep my eyes off her.

I got to see her smile, laugh, walk and talk again, and that’s all that mattered.

I held her in my arms and my heart went a blaze as too did the heavens.

I looked toward her mother, smiling at her... as if I was saying thank you.

She read my grin, and set her smile ablaze!

I walked. . . I floated back to the car sitting under the light post.

told them both to hop in...

As we drove away. . .

passing all the people, the lights, the laughter & the sounds that she once admired in confusion.

She began to sing.

A song of her own

A melody of an angel...

She got my attention,

our venture was longer than normal

and our trip to the ones we love most

was immersed in bliss.

I love them all. . . a love that is beyond any love you have ever seen in your dreams

A love that has the universe changing its course, just to please us.


-d.j hazlett


> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 


Yesterday my one year old niece had a "fever seizure"- when children (from 0-5 yrs) are sick they cant sweat like us adults can so their body seizures even tho the child is healthy with no history of seizures- very scary. My family and I were a mess! We didn't know what to think. Somehow... while in the emergency room she began to talk and walk around again as if nothing had went wrong. Upon being released from the ER my sister and niece, Asani, went home and thereafter Asani went to sleep. 



This was her 2nd 4th of July but her 1st time actually seeing the fireworks and being able to admire them, she was only 4mths old last July 4th. All I wanted to see was her watching the fireworks show, enjoying her self. My sister was skeptical at first about taking her out to watch the show, as everyone was, but Asani ran around the house, singing, "talking" haha, so we decided to take her, and she had a blast! 


She loved the fireworks... and all I can think about was how happy I am to be witnessing this event, when hours before she was rushed to the hospital. I thank God for being with her and getting her back to her normal self, being a sweet yet sassy little princess!  A little side note, July 4, 2004 I went through something heartbreaking, and ever since then I've always enjoyed the 4th but it was never the same. As of last night I believe Asani "cured" that for me. I love her, I love my family. . . they are truly the best, and I thank God everyday for blessing me with such an amazing family!

No comments:

Post a Comment