Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happiness ?

One swallow does not make it spring, nor does one fine day; so one day, or a brief moment, does not make a person entirely happy.  -Aristotle

This is one quote I have always followed but as I got older I began to actually take the time out and evaluate it... & it got me thinking. . . 

What is happiness? Is it like red wine, feeling the effects only because I sip from the glass or is happiness like true love? Once in it you never fall out of it. . . ?

This question always flows through the air. . . Can anyone ever be fully content ?

This picture depicts my view on it; you can see a smile and bright eyes but what's really underneath ?? Hmm. . .

I have had my moments of "happy" but at the end of the day I go home to an empty apartment & that feeling I felt while I was with my family or having down time with some friends isn't there anymore. So then that question lingers in the air again. . . Is this possible?

Is happiness something that is only acquired for moments or is it possible to feel it every second. . . Am I thinking to hard? This question seems so simple yet so complex.

So in conclusion, I'm going to play it safe and say Happiness is red wine; happiness lives only in the moment. . . I do not want to bring anyone down but how can you be entirely happy if ur mind is filled with some upsetting and dejecting memories. wouldn't thinking back on them make you feel happiness' evil twin? Sorrow. Idk.

Don't get me wrong, Im not an 21 year old emo girl that has a crush on LA. . . haha; it's just the question of falling into bliss ignites me. There is soo many ppl, moments, and things in my life right now that make me happy. . . I think its some past memories that keep her evil twin visiting me. Until I learn how to let go and fully accept maybe then happiness will be like TRUE love instead of wine, L0L!

When I reach the state of pure euphoria and reside in it for more than a moment; I will make sure the whole world, & worlds of another, knows !

No comments:

Post a Comment